Things In My House Thursday

February 5, 2009

RS small TIMHT

Remember the bugs that used to live on this shelf? They have found a new home and jars and jars of my Mom's buttons have taken their place. The buttons are not the topic, though.


This little Indian Lady pin cushion is. She has lived in my Mom's sewing room for as far back as I can remember.

Can you imagine anyone being allowed to make anything like her today?


Come join MommySweetMom for
Things In My House Thursday and share the things in your house!!

7 comments:

  1. I love her!!!! What a sweet thing to have on display. I like your buttons too!! Much better than bugs. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean, of course, the "native American lady pin cushion" :) I had one like that as a child, but it was a Heidi-looking girl. I like her - AND the jars of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember little Indian dolls like that, but no cute pincushions!

    So cool that you still have her.

    I do like the buttons over the bugs, also; and I might have to steal the jars idea...

    Thanks for being part of TIMHT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a little doll like that. She wasn't a pincushion but her eyes did close when you put her down!

    You have so many sweet memories of your mom. That is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember dolls like that being for sale, you definitely do not see anything like that nowadays. Love that you have kept her as she is. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a shelf like this in my spare 'oom with jars of buttons. I'll have to post it for you to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see your jars of buttons, Dana. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...