Things in My House Thursday

June 25, 2009


RSTIMHT

I freely admit it...I am spoiled! This hot summer Thursday, I present to you my new toy...


...a pen tablet by Wacom called Bamboo Craft. This thing is amazing!! It's so much easier to draw and to touch up photos with the pen. I had no idea things like this existed (yes, I live under a rock) until I read about them in my Photoshop Elements Missing Manual book while on vacation. As soon as I got home, I got busy doing research and found this one to be the one that would be a good fit for me. After Russ gave me the go-ahead (and reminded me how spoiled I am) I ran, (okay, I really drove) to Best Buy and purchased one. Set up was super easy and I was able to use it efficiently almost right away! The pen seems awkward at first, but it didn't long at all and I found it to be super easy to use. The pen gives you much better control for fine detailed work. I also love that the mouse is cordless. It only works while on the tablet, so basically, the tablet is my mouse pad. Among other things, bundled up in the package it comes with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 6.0!! This is great for those wanting to get into working with Photoshop.

Here are a couple of examples of the work I did with my pen tablet.






7 comments:

  1. Oh, how cool! I didn't know things like that existed either. Have fun with your new toy!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great toy for the Amymeister! I have had a Wacom tablet for years and I love mine too - in fact, I'm on my second one! My next one will be bluetooth because I tend to mess up the USB cords :-(

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your talents just know no end, Amy...you are master of all things electronic or complicated!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will NOT tell my dd, the photoshop queen, about this new toy....until Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! I learned about those things last year when I almost bought one. They are great for CG. Did you know that you can buy airbrushes like the pen? Oh and all kinds of paint brushes. Love the pics, BTW :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got one last Christmas!! Isn't it a blast? Great job on the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post??!! I've been a blogging slacker, :)

    This is SOOOOOO cool! But I do NOT need another thing on my wishlist, LOL!

    Thanks for sharing this neat toy and showing how it works; I've wondered about these things.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...