Will I ever learn?

June 10, 2010

Once upon a time, my Olfa rotary cutting mat was 36" x 24". It's not now. Why? I set a plate of warm pizza on it. No matter how many times I tried to remove the warp, I couldn't get it out, so I cut it in half. 

It was a happy little mat and worked perfectly fine for me...

Until...{cue dramatic music} Dun, dun, dun....


...15 minutes ago.  I set a warm plate of pizza on it, got distracted {story of my life these days} and when I came back I realized what I had done. {sigh}

{SIGH

One more time, just for good measure...

{sigh}


I would love some input on what kind of rotary mat to buy next. I really like the Olfa, but have heard good things about the Fiskar rotary cutting mats, too.

What brand of cutting mat do you have and why?

5 comments:

  1. I have both and they all do it. I also have a Duraheal. I think I got it at Joann's on a 40% coupon. I have had this one for about 4 years. They have to lie flat and out of any kind of heat. Good Luck Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Olfa cutting boards!!! I would not change brands for myself. I find that my blades do not dull as quickly with the Olfa. I've cut on other boards when visiting quilting friends, and my blades always dull. I agree with Chris, the boards have to be flat and no heat, not even in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Fiskars...there are some pretty colors :) I only have little specialty mats in Olfa, they work fine, just were more expensive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer .. I still really like OLFA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there. Done that. Makes a person grit their teeth and groan. We always knew we needed a small cutting mat to take along some places, anyway. Right!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...