Finger update - All is well

January 11, 2011

I have pictures! No worries, they aren't graphic.

To catch up the new readers *waving*, on Nov. 26th, at 9:00 pm, I placed a shiny new rotary blade in my cutter....

{which, btw, is still being used today and is still amazingly sharp. I bought a titanium one at Joann's when they were on sale. I will definitely buy more of them in the future}

..and proceded to cut some fabric. Three or four cuts into my play time, I got careless and I lopped off a good portion of the side of my index finger. Ouch, is an understatement and a {not} fun trip to the ER was the result.

But lookee here...Six and a half weeks later, it's all better.



It's only slightly deformed on the one side. 


This is one experience that I don't want to repeat. Please learn from my mishap: respect your rotary cutters. They really can be dangerous.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like it healed very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your finger is all better...those blades can do some damage...I have bled for hours from a cut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I am so glad you are healed!

    Also, my blog has moved to www.janhatchett.com. I got my own domain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your finger is back amongst the land of the living. Now you can sew, sew, sew!

    Have a sweet day Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch. but it looks great and i would never know to look at those pictures hat you had nearly lopped it off with a shiny new blade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad it's all better! owie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grand daughter rolled the rotary cutter over my finger when I was teaching her how to use it.... Took a minute for us to notice as it didn't hurt right a way :-) We both got a lesson in being watchful :-)

    Hadassah
    Jerusalem

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...