Dresden plates ~ Quilting

March 21, 2011

Thank you all for your comments. I haven't taken any time away from my sewing room to do any computer time, which means all my blog reading has been neglected as well.  My nose has been to the needle, so to speak.

To answer a question that did pop up, no I am not using Tipsy to quilt this one. I need to do a lot of practice before I will put a quilt top I have made on it. My LQS has some charity quilts that need quilted and the owner told me I could use them for my practice, so I hope to make a good dent in practice time on Tipsy and eventually quilt a quilt top I have made.

Using the walking foot on Miss Juki I decided to do echo quilting on the outside of the plate. On the inside I made a 10 point star/flower. I'm not 100% sold on the flower/star. I'm thinking I should continue the echo quilting to inside the plate, but at wider intervals. Maybe two rounds and then do something in the circle? I have no idea what I am going to do for the sashing yet. The echo quilting takes a long time, so I have time to think about what I want to do.




4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love this pattern and the colors are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Maybe you could do echo quilting on the dresden as well...just keep going 1/4" inside each time around from the original 1/4" seam you did to sew the dresden to the background. I LOVE IT! I got my template, so maybe in the next 100 years, I will try one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. Your echoes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one beautiful quilt. I love the fabrics that you used in making this quilt. I love seeing different beautiful colors that really match together. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...