Kitchen makeover {an update}

February 9, 2012

Some of you have already noticed that there are a lot of new posts all of a sudden. I decided to merge my original blog, A Redeemed Sheep, with this one.   A Quilting Sheep will still mainly be focused on my quilting and sewing, but occasionally, a few posts on my family will pop up here and there, as well. I am trying to simplify my life a bit and this was one easy way to do that. 

My kitchen has made progress. Wanna see??




This wall shelf was made by some friends of ours. They decided to update their house, so they sold it to us for a song. With the bead board backing, it works perfectly in the kitchen. We slapped a fresh coat of paint on it and it was all set to go. I'm thinking it would be fun to have different plates to display as the seasons change. The towels probably won't stay there. I just stuck them there because I didn't know what I wanted to do with them yet. 


When Russ and I went away on our weekend a few weeks ago, we found these two shelves at a consignment shop. They work perfectly. 


I need to refinish or paint the quilt holders, until I get that done, they are being held onto the wall with Command strips. I love them and I use them all the time for things around the house. For example, I use them to hold outlet strips on the side of my cutting desk in my sewing room, that way I can get to the outlets easily when they are needed. 



I'm not sure what I will do with this wall space. Something will come up, I'm sure. I am toying with the idea of screwing in some mug hooks under the shelf to hang some utensils or cups with handles. Or I have considered using a curtain rod of some sort to put between the feet of the shelf, cover it with fabric and hang light things (vintage pot holders, or decorations) from it. 


China hutch....


I do love big jars...


The hand beater belongs to my friend's grandmother. She was tired of it taking up space in her drawers and asked if I wanted it. Of course I did! I told her I would store it for her and when she wants it back, she just needs to ask. In the meantime, I am taking care of it. =) 


I'm so classy. Look at that crooked towel. =D 

    
Maybe someday this little lady will get a makeover.

Thanks for joining me on my little tour. =)

Have a great Thursday!


14 comments:

  1. what is that color on the walls called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitchen. Great Pyrex.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour! I love seeing all your goodies and progress! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy! Thanks for the update! You have a decorator's knack (and great decor too)!
    Happy quilting!
    May God confirm the work of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww Amy....it is lovely and your new quilting projects had so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my ... it is just what I have dreamed for my kitchen. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitchen all different vessels are look so different.This all vessels are arrange so cute.Mugs,plates are beautiful.

    code promo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing all your vintage things in your kitchen - and I got some ideas for some things to do in my own kitchen! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! a wonderful vintage wonderland!!...awesome!! Keep your doors locked...heheee

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...