Satisfied...

February 8, 2012

This quilt was a bear to get quilted. It was too big for my long arm, so I wrestled, tugged and pulled it through Miss Juki. It was exhausting...


but oh so worth it...


I kept the quilting light. I wanted it to be soft...


I did manage wash and dry it in my machines, but next time, I am going to take it where I can use a front loader washer and dryer. They would do a much better job. 


I decided to stop hoarding the chenille I had in my stash and use it as the boarder. 


Fussy cut flower for the center of the Dresden. 

Now I am ready for a new project, but on a much smaller scale. =) 



8 comments:

  1. Amy ~ it's absolutely gorgeous! Looks nice on the bed. I know you're proud of it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out super pretty! Love the chenille borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO beautiful!! Love the soft colours of your fabrics - and also the "soft"ness of the quilting - what a great idea!
    Where did you get your chenille? I love the look it gives your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you with a BIG quilt! Time for a spa dat now eh?
    Love the soft colors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks amazing...that chenille border is the best part!!! what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. You did a great job on the quilting. Love the chenille. How did you keep it from stretching while you quilted it?
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! I really like the chenille on the borders.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...