Another on purpose accident...And more

June 21, 2012


Russ and I don't always see eye to eye when it comes to fabric styles. He likes the more earthy/muted tones, while I love color, color, color can't get enough color. Today, however,  we both agree  Flea Market Fancy is a beautiful fabric collection that fits both of our styles. It's both earthy and colorful. Perfection. 

That's when the accident on purpose happened. Russ asked if I could get more of this fabric to make sure I would have enough for the Farmer's Wife Quilt. Within 30 minutes, I had more on order. Etsy is a wonderful place. Just saying...

Now that the decision has been made on what fabric I'm going to use for the FW quilt , the next decisions are....
  • When to start? 
  • Who wants to do this with me?
  • And how to organize it all? 
It sounds like a lot of you also have wanted to make the quilt but for one reason or another, it hasn't happened and that's only counting the ones that spoke up. I used to co-own/co-manage a homeschooling forum. I know a lot of people lurk. *waving to my shy friends*
The thing is, I consider myself to be an idea person. The organizing and dealing with details is where I fall short. If Russ were awake, he would shout a hearty, "AMEN!" Not that I can't, it's just not my strength. That said, I am willing to do a quilt along/support group or whatever. I know I would have more fun if I had others who were doing it with me. For right now, I am open to ideas on how to do this (am I making this more complicated in my mind than I need to?). When would you all like to start? Right away or after the 4th of July?  I did create a Flickr page, so we can share our blocks if you all want to and we can chat there about stuff. Do we want to make 2 blocks a month or two a week or what? Or, shall we let everyone do their own thing and be cheerleaders for each other, whether someone does one block a week or one block a month.

Am I thinking too hard? 

I ran out of words. Your turn! Speak to me...

9 comments:

  1. Is it paper piecing? ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo my god, those fabric are amazing! i'm sure your farmer's wife quilt will be gorgeous! I try to make mine too... lost my motivation on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really has to be for those who love cutting something apart so they can sew it together again. lol I am teasing. I LOVE the look of all the wonderful fabrics and admire the amazing work all you quilters do, but it just is not something I will probably ever do. So, I'm no help here, but I can stand on the sidelines and cheer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the book, and have only made two, but would have to redo them. When I am done with my grannie blocks, and would love to follow along. Let me know what you decide! have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy I would love to do this with you all. I say don't over think it just lets do it and kinda have a support group thing and share our blocks on flickr. That is my 2 cent for what it's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Michelle...I like the idea of sharing our blocks on flickr and a support group. For me two a month would be plenty. :)

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Amy, I'm sitting here on the fence wondering if I should do FW this summer with you. I have the book, templates, and actually fabric that I could or could not use for it. What better chance to just get it done than to do it with someone whose blog i read and comment on?

    I seem to work best under a deadline. I think if you just threw it out there and said tag along and do it...I would slack off. When I've done quilt-alongs before deadlines have helped tremendously because you have a goal you're shooting for. Two a month would be a good choice -- not too much and it doesn't wear you out.

    I would have to start later in July. I'll be free after the 16th, but start earlier if that's the best timing...and I'll catch up by the end of the month.

    I need to go check my fabric and see if the bundle I'm thinking of is the right one. It'd be a shame if I had to buy all new fabric! (wink!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to join a Farmer's Wife Quilt Along! I have read this book from cover to cover. I've borrowed it and the companion CD of templates from the library twice, but I've yet to get started on it!

    I think we should do 1 block a week, or at the most maybe 3 blocks a month? Not so many that if life interferes with quilting time that we would get too far behind to ever catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy I would to do this with you. I have the fabrics.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...