Harley stores and Quilt shops

June 10, 2012

They go hand in hand for us. How? Well, it's like this....We have a Goldwing that we dearly love, but Harley stores are much more fun to visit and whenever we go for day trips to visit a Harley store, we also go visit the quilt shops in the area. Saturday was a Harley-Quilt store day in Waukon, Iowa. 

Here is Russ (minus 45 pounds! Way to go Russ!) putting chaps on so he can test drive a Harley trike.


Okay, enough of the Harley store. =) 

Lets go to the quilt shop! 

On our way into town, we rode by this sign on the highway.


It's truly a country shop because it is out in the country.  Country Stitchin' is run by two sisters, Jane and Peg, who live in the house across the drive way from the shop. If I were to own a shop, this is how I would want to do it. 

Here is the front of the shop. Isn't it pretty? 


Friends, this shop is worth the drive and a stop if you are ever in the Waukon area. We have added this to our favorites list and will be back to shop here again. 

The pictures are not the best since I only had my camera phone with me. Sorry about that. =/

This is the view as you walk in the door. As soon as I saw this little bit, I knew I was in for a treat and I was not disappointed! 


They carry many patterns and books...


and they have a wall full of notions that any quilter could want or need. 


And, of course, lots of eye candy everywhere...




These are tacked up to the ceiling! I laid down on the floor to take this picture. =) 


The view of the main room....I just now noticed the vintage sewing machines on the top shelf! There was so much to see. I know I missed a lot more than the machines. 




Here is a sampling of the goodies I came home with. 




Because Country Stitchin' does not have a web page at this time, here is their information in case you want to go see for yourself, this darling store.

Country Stitchin'
915 Hwy 76 South
Waukon, Iowa 52172
phone: 563-535-7376

My regrets? I wish I had taken a picture of Jane, who was in the shop that day. What a dear, sweet lady. And I wish I had taken my good camera to take more pictures. Next time!!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. Russ looks Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip! The quilt shop looks large. What a great find. I like the goodies you brought home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I want to go visit that quilt shop. Thank you for sharing your day with us. As usual the fabrics you came home with are just right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you stash and next time more of the Harley shop( I have two loves)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable quilt shop! I love the building! I dream of having a small shoppe one day, and would love for it to be in an vintage building. Love you new fabrics!! Have a blessed week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that you have these quilt/craft/thrift- Harley store days together - something you both can love.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfekt trip :-)
    One day i hope we'll do a Harleytrip throuhout the US. I think i should plan the route with some Quiltshops in mind ;-) thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a yummy quilt store. Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a yummy quilt store. Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your kind of 'field trip' alright! Now, show and tell what CAME HOME!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I have several of these fabrics. Are they from the Portugal line? I'm using them in my biggest quilt project to date . . . a double irish chain queen size quilt. I'm taking a break from that one, but boy do I love those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric you picked out is terrific!! And what a fun fabric shop!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sure makes me wish I were closer so I could go visit! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have loved being with you on this quilt day!! (But w.o the Harleys) :)
    Beautiful store!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how lucky you are to find those Moda 3-sisters fabrics! I made a couple of prayer quilts from the several years ago, fell in love with them, and wanted more and never did find any. You will absolutely love working with them. Those prints and colors just bless the maker and the recipient!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...