Thursday

November 1, 2012

How's that for a clever title?

I got a few blocks made yesterday. I worked on the hardest ones, first. I wanted to get them out of the way. My suggestion...Do not use directional fabric for the flower center. The blue block may have been subjected to a seam ripper a time or ten. 


I think it would look funny if the little petals weren't going in the same direction as the center, so it was worth the effort. 




But now, I need to set this project aside and get busy with my coin purse for the UR Priceless blog hop! My day to share is November 5th, the first day of the hop, so the procrastination must end now.




13 comments:

  1. Very very pretty!! My seam ripper and I are best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love! Your blocks are so sweet! :o)
    I need to name my seam ripper! We are very close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the trouble we quilters would be in if not for our hard working seam rippers. Love the blocks and fabric...too sweet.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful blocks!! Looking forward to your coin purse. :) Happy sewing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower blocks! They are so pretty!

    Directional prints always give me grief, but you're right - it's worth the unpicking and lining up in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great-I love Ruby. And that coin purse is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your coin purse!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics you are using, they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. I think I'm ripping 3 seams for each I sew :1 Hubs is at work so I'm off to work on the secret project...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty blocks with your pretty fabric choices. I need to look at this blog hop . . . sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite color combos - aquas & reds! This is a great block.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...