❤ Strings

December 16, 2013

Introducing ❤ Strings. 


I poured my ❤ out into this quilt. 


And though my ❤ has been heavy, this quilt also knows the hope I have in Jesus...


Give us faith to be strong
Father, we are so weak
Our bodies are fragile and weary
As we stagger and stumble to walk where you lead
Give us faith to be strong

Give us faith to be strong
Give us strength to be faithful
This life is not long, but it's hard
Give us grace to go on
Make us willing and able
Lord, give us faith to be strong

Give us peace when we're torn
Mend us up when we break
This flesh can be wounded and shaking
When there's much too much trouble for one heart to take
Give us peace when we're torn

Give us faith to be strong
Give us strength to be faithful
This life is not long, but it's hard
Give us grace to go on
Make us willing and able
Lord, give us faith to be strong

Give us hearts to find hope
Father, we cannot see
How the sorrow we feel can bring freedom
And as hard as we try, Lord, it's hard to believe
So, give us hearts to find hope

Give us faith to be strong
Give us strength to be faithful
This life is not long, but it's hard
Give us grace to go on
Make us willing and able
Lord, give us faith to be strong
Give us peace when we're torn
Give us faith, faith to be strong


13 comments:

  1. I pray what your burden is lifted soon! Quilting helps me through my problems also. Your quilt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I don't know why (actually I do), but I've thought of you often recently and every time I have I've prayed. I don't know what I am praying for, but I prayed that the God who knows would answer how He should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying God will bring you to the mountaintop! Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strings is a lovely quilt. just like us- woven with bits and pieces of joy and sorry that make a beautiful finished product. May your heart be happy soon. Proverbs 3:5&6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this life can be hard.

    Thank you for helping us all through this week. I hope things get better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilt! Thank you for sharing Andrew Peterson's words with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely quilt and an encouraging poem. May the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort (1 Cor. 1:3) give just what you need when you need it to get through your present heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt and the other top are lovely. Still praying. Having a few 'issues' here, but, not like what you have gone thru in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying that the Lord bless and encourage you, Amy. You have many strings of love and prayers in this quilt, it shines through!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beauty. Praying each time I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is beautiful!! Thinking of you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amy, Haven't written in a while. Thanks for such a beautiful prayer. A great way to start my day. Life is a journey and only with Him can we stay upright and move toward the finish line which is ultimately eternal life with Him.
    May God give you peace during this difficult part of your journey.
    Merry Christmas!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...