Winter

December 2, 2013

I have got a great idea!!! Lets pretend the last few weeks haven't happened. Deal? =) In all seriousness, the prayers and notes of encouragement meant a lot to me. Lets face it, life can be hard....very hard, but when you have support from friends and family, it makes it easier to bear and I thank you for the support...

Okay, lets look at pretty fabric, shall we? 

A couple of months ago, I started what I was calling our winter quilt using Moda's Winter's Lane. It's still in the flimsy stage. I haven't fully decided if it is finished or not. I love the 3-d pinwheels. =) 


But then, I got distracted and dug out some more pretty Christmas/winter fabric called Happy Holiday by Happy Zombie that has been waiting a long, long time to be made into something pretty. It goes so well with the Merry Little Christmas line, don't you think? 


Stay tuned for pictures of that project. =) 

Have a happy Monday. =) 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt Amy. Glad you have such a wonderful outlook on things. Still keeping you and your loved ones in my prayers. (((Hugs))) my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending hugs and hoping everything is ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. We are walking thru a challenging time as well. I pray yours will be resolved and bring you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winters Lane's simplicity makes it a super pretty quilt!

    Hope all is well...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Winter's Lane quilt is exquisite! I have a half completed version of a quilt, but it is a plain pattern. Exquisite is the only word I can use to describe yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Winter's Lane quilt is so pretty. It is my favorite Christmas line this year and I'm just doing simple patchwork with a layer cake. I love the prints so much. :) Cardinals make me think of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and the 3d pinwheels are so neat!! Happy sewing and week to you! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! The 3-D-Pinwheels are so sweet. I instantly fell in love with these.
    This Quilt is one of your best!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilts Amy. Still hugs and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love the pin wheels. Oh I am drooling over your fabrics.
    I send many hugs and prayers your way my dear.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red pinwheels really pop! Quite festive for a holiday quilt!

    Looking forward to seeing how you use those sweet fabrics! You chose such wonderful prints! I think we would have a lot of fun shopping together! 😀

    Wishing you peace and strength for your difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always choose such beautiful fabrics! This is so pretty, but I can see it be beautiful in your next prints, too...or is that yummy pile gonna be a different pattern?
    BTW, loved your you tube post on the gospel. Amen, Amen!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is gorgeous! The pinwheels look great. Love your fabric pull too. They look great together. Praying for you during this hard time, Amy. Hugs to you! xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all those Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...