Winter quilt flimsy

December 11, 2013

I have the flimsy done.  =)  I may have been quiet, but I am always busy. Now to get it quilted before winter is over. *wink*


Yesterday, I got out my two containers of strings and threw a couple of blocks together. As I have mentioned before, scrappy is hard for me, however, once I got started, I couldn't stop! I sorted out the lower volume fabrics I had, cut a bit into my yardage and fat quarters for more variety and I am well pleased with how this project is coming along. I am really excited to see how it will look after I get the blocks sewn together.


Quilting truly is my therapy. When life is hard, I can lose myself in a project. It helps to keep the fear and sadness at bay. It is a true blessing to me. 

I hope you are all doing well.....

12 comments:

  1. scrappy always turns out surprisingly great!!! your flimsy also looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the fabrics and colors!! And your string blocks are gorgeous. I agree, quilting is therapy. I have been missing my machine, it's been in the shop for almost two weeks and I'm having withdrawals. The hum of the needle is so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your both of them!!! But I especially love the one with the Christmas balls on it ! The colors are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! I love scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a pretty top, Amy! and those string blocks *sigh* the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful as always Amy! Glad you can take your mind off things with quilting I do that too. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics and quilt Amy. Great scrappy string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your strings look great! I have had a hard time getting motivated to quilt. It has always been my therapy but this time it feels like a chore :-( Keep quilting.... yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt top is so beautiful!! Love those colors together! And, your scrappy blocks are just as pretty! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see it! Isn't it nice to have some place or something to lose yourself in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great maybe next year i can try this

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOO! love both of these projects.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...