attn: Jamie re: My Happy Place wallhanging

March 27, 2014



Good morning, Jamie (and everyone!). I didn't have an email to contact you about your question concerning My Happy Place wall hanging, so I hope you check back to see this post. =) At the end of this post, you can find a link to change your settings so you are no longer a no-reply blogger. =) 

The pattern for the sewing machine template was a creation of Ellison Lane and can be found here. I did raw edge appliqué to put it on the fabric with a tight zig zag stitch. 

For the letters, I purchased a paper pieced pattern called My Fist Alphabet by Diane Bohn on Craftsy.  You could also to appliqué letters if you want. =) 

The square in a square borders are also paper pieced. I did a Google search to find them and them sized them down to the size I wanted to use. In other words, I just messed around until it worked. I was flying by the seat of my pants. =) Math is not my forte, so it was a trial and error process. 

Play around and make one that is pleasing to you! It's a fun and small project to get creative. Let your creative juices flow! I would love to see it when you are done. =) 

This is a great time to remind everyone to check your setting to make sure you are NOT a no-reply blogger. Also, Google+ users, many times I cannot respond to your comments because there is no email in which to do so. Erin @Sew at Home Mummy has great information on how to fix both issues. =) 

Have a happy Thursday!! 

5 comments:

  1. Ohmyeverlovingquiltinggravy!

    I freaking adore that wallhanging! I must make one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, that is the absolute cutest wall hanging I have ever seen!!! I love every thing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy your wall hanging is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun wall hanging...I can see it in my room...(hummmm where did you say you lived)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to quilting I so need a pattern for this. Can you please help?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...