Sew Sweet Bee Block

March 11, 2014

Good morning! Spring is really trying to come to my area lately! I couldn't be more thrilled. This was a long cold winter...

Sew Sweet Bee photo SSB_Button_3_zpsdab33bcd.png


This month is my turn to be request blocks from my Sew Sweet Bee group. Does that mean I am Queen Bee? I have heard that term, but wondered if that is what it means. *pondering*

 Let me tell you, trying to decide what block I wanted was a headache! I went back and forth for months! In my usual way, I made my decision at the very last second. Did you all see the great blog hop last month that Moda had that featured alphabet blocks? *The link to the hop is no longer working. =(* I decided I wanted my bee friends to make the first letter of their first name and to put their own personality in it. After I get all the blocks I will make the rest and use colors to bring them all together, or do something else entirely. It is a work on progress in my mind. 

Yesterday, my first block arrived in the mail!! Renee @ Sewn With Grace made this darling block for me!! She also sent a sweet mini charm pack by V and Co. Right now, I am feeling pretty bad for the first two queen bees because I didn't send them any extra goodies with their blocks. *hanging head in shame*


Last week I started quilting my Swoon. It is taking forever! I am on the homestretch now. The end is in sight!! I love it!


Before I go, I realized I haven't thanked you in far too long, dear friends, for taking the time to come read my blog,  post comments and your overall support and encouragement. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you, and yes, that definitly includes the lurkers that are too shy or too busy to comment. =)  

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you! 

Have a happy Tuesday! 


16 comments:

  1. Your Swoon looks lovely! I can't wait to see it all finished. I REALLY need to start work on the first of two Christmas Gift quilts. But the past week hasn't been too good and I'm just not "in the mood" to start a new project. Gosh I hate when I lose my mojo! Maybe seeing your Swoon all finished with give my mojo a kick! Take care!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed her R fabric is "ruler" has r's on it! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....I'm looking forward to seeing your Swoon finished. It looks so pretty already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the straight line quilting looks...considering this for my quilt. I suffer from perfectionism so when I am ready to actually quilt I am afraid to start and ruin it...Have a happy, blessed day, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun is that!! It will feed my spirit we we get 8 inches of snow with wind tomorrow...I am in Indiana right:...not Alaska...just checkin! Thanks for your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's been a while since I have gotten to read my friend's blog posts and you have been very creative and generous as usual!!!Love your quilts and label too and what sweet little ones to enjoy your talents...

    also love your R block that your friend sent AND the fabric too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the block. Your swoon is looking beautiful as usual. I need to get back to mine. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That 'R' block is sew cute! I've been in some block exchanges, and forgot (didn't think) to include a hostess gift. I finally remembered with my last exchange. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your swoon quilt will be so wonderful....can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute block you received as the Queen Bee! Can't wait to see the rest of them. Still in awe of your swoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I love the look of your straight line quilting! SO much JOY in a finished quilt. Thanks for your encouraging comment at the girlfriend gap :) Doing a two color quilt has been fun. Each time I finish a block it becomes my favorite. I look forward to seeing your blue and white quilt. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Renee's block is really cute with the ruler fabric. And I love your swoon. Can't wait to see it finished. For my month to be Queen for the Global Scrap Bee I chose "Scrap Jar Stars" It is very hard to decide on a block. Can't wait to see your letter quilt!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful block from Renee, and I love your quilt!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of your Swoon! Very brave to quilt it yourself, as it is a big girl! Your R is just perfect and the ruler fabric is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that should be fun to get the letters. you might even be able to spell some words. I am actually working on the letter blocks myself.
    I can see how your quilt would take so much time. Close quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am a "lurker"! I have followed your bolg for a while now and have enjoyed it emensly. Your swoon is beautiful and I love the lined quilting. Goes to show you simple is sew nice! I missed the alphabet QAL - but it is ok. Keeping busy with obsessive sewing as usual.
    Until I lurk again.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...