Steve's Turn

March 26, 2014


As you can see from this picture of my granddaughter, Brooklyn, and her parents, Jen and Steve, they are big fans of their alma mater the University of Northern Iowa


A month ago, Russ and I went shopping at a new-to-us quilt shop in Iowa Falls and look at what we found! 

It's Steve's turn to get a quilt!! 

When they came for a visit in February, Steve was wondering around in my sewing room and found the fabric. His face was priceless. He was hoping and afraid to hope, all at the same time, that the fabric would be a quilt for him. =) He is so sweet...I confirmed that I was making him a quilt. Gotta put a man out of his misery! =)


Sports themed quilts are difficult, I think. You don't have a lot of colors to work with and making a quilt for a guy just makes it that much harder. 


After a lot of internet and Pinterest searching, I decided on this simple and easy pattern. I used Bella Zen gray instead of white. 


Here is the quilt top assembled. That middle yellow isn't that bright, but you get the idea. I ordered some Bella solids in purple and when that arrives, I will begin to work on the back. I have a plan, but I am going to try very, very hard to keep it a secret. Ha, we will see how that goes!!


For my newer followers, Jen and Steve adopted Brooklyn at birth. My son, Holden, is her birth father. Having an open adoption has been a real blessing for us...I consider Jen and Steve to be my kids. =) We truly are a family. =) 

Have a happy Wednesday, everyone!!



14 comments:

  1. How funny...love the quilt and the design you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, it is very hard to make a quilt for a guy. I think it works. I'm sure he will love it! Great looking family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pattern, reminds me of football stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely story of God working through different circumstances.
    That is a good pattern for a man quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, Amy! I think ANY quilt for a guy is tough! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve is going to be one happy guy when that quilt is done. So glad that you all have each other in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's going to love that! How fun! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a sweet mom to Jen and Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iowa Falls, or Cedar Falls? I have a friend whose daughter is at UNI right at the moment. I bet she would love to have some of that fabric. The quilt will be well loved when you are finished. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve is going to love that quilt! I made my husband a Pittsburgh Steelers quilt, and it is very special to him. The story of Jen and Steve adopting Brooklyn, and the relationship you all have is truly a testimony of God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt idea and love how it is turning out. They are all so sweet, you are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's wonderful that the birth of one, brought three lives into your family!

    That's going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is the best team themed/colored quilt i have ever seen. it is such a cool idea. go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great quilt and fun fabrics you picked.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...