Around the World Blog Hop

September 1, 2014

Hello and welcome to my day to share on the Around the World Blog Hop. =) I was invited by a new-to-me friend, Shirley @ Simple Sew to join in on this fun I guess you would call it a linky party. It would worth your time to check out the darling baby hats Shirley has made for her grands. They are so cute!

If you haven't heard about the Around the World Blog Hop before, essentially, you are tagged by a friend and asked to answer four questions and then asked to tag three more friends to play along. Because I am the great procrastinator (I am writing this the day before it's due) I was only able to find two friends to play along. I am also the great rule breaker, as well. ;-)

The two friends I have tagged are:

1 -  Dora @ Dora Quilts : Dora is a very talented quilter. I so admire the work she has done and shares with her blog readers. What makes her so special in my eyes is that she uses all vintage machines to sew and quilt. She even does free motion quilting with a treadle sewing machine! Her blog is a fun place to visit.

2 - Karen @ In The Sewing Basket : Let me tell you about Karen, she is the kindest and sweetest person out there. She found me on this blogging world and it didn't take long for us to become fast friends. We text and email several times a day!! She is a longarmer and one day hopes to open up her home as a quilting/sewing retreat and offer classes. She is smart, funny and real. She has been a huge support to me over the last few months while our family has been going through a difficult journey. I appreciate her friendship, her humor and her "chatty kathy" style of writing. I am very grateful to have her in my life....

Watch for Dora and Karen's their posts on Monday, September 8th.

Now here we go!!

1- What am I working on?

I recently purchased my first Craftsy class. Twisted Irish Chain taught by Amy Gibson. This is the beginning of the first project called, "My Favorite Things." I love Irish Chain quilts and have wanted to make one for forever. This class was the push I needed. =)


The gray fabric I chose for the chains is a linen/cotton blend. I love this fabric! For the fabric squares, I used Flea Market Fancy and some special sheep fabric I have been saving for just the right project. 


I can't wait to get this one finished!! 

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Wow...Hmmmm. I don't have any idea how to answer this question, so I am not going to. Told you I was a rule breaker. =D

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

I am compelled to sew and quilt. It is my passion and there is always more to learn and to grow. It is never boring, which keeps my add/impulsive personality happy. Also, being created in God's image, I create because He is the great Creator. Everyone is creative in some way, wether it's cooking, writing, photography, painting, decorating or the myriad  of other ways people create. I am guilty of saying I am not creative, but the truth is, I am and so are you. =)

I love to make quilts for others. Every new baby in my church family, gets a baby quilt and newly weds get one as well. If a baby or wedding isn't in their future, a quilt will find it's way to them at some somepoint. Sometimes, a quilt will tell me who it belongs to. Its my way of showing my love to them and it gives me a great reason to keep buying fabric and making more quilts. Our home only needs so many and I never want to stop making them. =)

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

I am inspired by what others are creating. I search a lot on Pinterest, and the other wonderful quilting bloggers are always challenging me and getting my mind to think outside of the box and to try new things.

That's about it in a nut shell. =)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and a big THANK YOU, Shirley, for inviting me to play along=)

Have a happy Monday!!


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post and I love your new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey chain is lovely in there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post. I just love the grey in your blocks. I look forward to the finish. Thanks for sharing "you"

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! I love the Twist!! how cute!!! great points too girlfriend...I am working on my HUGS quilt for the blog/world trip we are on together!!....Thanks for your info on little ol' me....soon to be southern style!!...but you know you want to teach at my retreat right?.....hugs!! Love your GO Irish quilt since we live near ND at this point.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're such a fabby lady - loved reading this and can't wait to see you finish what I know will be another amazing quilt. You're so good and so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the sweet bleat.. great post ! and a beautiful way to create..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled upon your blog ... definitely my lucky day! My question involves giving your quilts away. I too love to bless others with quilts (ulterior motive of course is to use up my stash so I can collect more fabric) but sometimes find myself buying more fabric to please the recipient rather than just making them something from what I already have. I guess my stash doesn't have as many modern prints, which is what These Young Things want nowadays. How do you handle this? Do you let them choose something from your stash they like or do you just make and give them a quilt and hope it is their style/ color? Thanks!
    Jennifer
    frenchDOTjempATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work on the twisted Irish chain.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...