Monday's Memory of Mom

February 25, 2008


Several years ago, my mom gave me most of the old family photos. I love looking at them. I have a few of my dad when he was a little boy, but I don't have any of my mom when she was a little girl. I wish I did.
 
The earliest picture I have of my mom is her graduation picture. She was 17. She started school when she was 4. 

 

I love that she signed it. I just now noticed that she circled the "i" in her name. Haven't we all done that at one time or another in our growing up years? How funny, that I never noticed that before.
 
I treasure anything with her handwriting on it. I love looking at her handwriting.  Her penmanship was superb. A few weeks ago,  I found a letter that my mom wrote to me. It brought me to tears to see her handwriting. It could have been a grocery list and I still would have cried. I placed it in my Bible, for safe keeping. I need to write more things to my children in my own handwriting. My penmanship isn't pretty like my mom's, but it is mine and it may matter to them one day. 

5 comments:

  1. Your mom was so beautiful, Amy.

    You know, I never thought about it before, that things written in my own handwriting may be treasured someday by my own kids. I've been meaning to type and print off some of my best recipes for them, but I'm thinking maybe I'll write them out instead. I know that I do treasure the few things I have that were written by my Nanny (Mom's mom), and I'm sure I will also treasure writings of my own mom when she is no longer with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Write them out. In this electronic age, we forget how intimate handwriting is. :o)

    I treasure the things Russ has handwritten to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetMonday, February 25, 2008

    I'm enjoying your Monday Mom Memories, Amy! Your mom was more than pretty!

    When you mentioned finding the note several weeks ago, I decided to keep everything my mom sends me. I hadn't thought of it from that angle.

    Renna, I think writing the recipes is a neat idea! I need to think in this direction, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday Memories! What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep all the little scraps my mom leaves around when she visits twice a year...precious memories.

    I love your memories of mom...

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...