My mom...

February 8, 2008


This is my mom, Marilyn...I wish I could remember when this picture was taken. I think she was in her early 50's. Not much older than I am now. She went to be with the Lord in August '06. I still have times when I think, "I need to tell my mom...." and then I remember she isn't here on earth. But you know what? I don't wish her back here. I know that, one day, I will go to be with her and we will be worshiping Jesus together. That's the day I look forward to!

I began this post late last night and began to cry, so I ended it. There is so much to say about my mom and I felt like there was no way I could say all that I want to say.

All morning, memories about my mom have been flooding my mind. I'd say to myself, "Self, you could write about that!" I mentioned to Marilyn (I don't think she has any idea how much I love that she shares my mom's name) that I was thinking about writing a weekly memory about my mom. She said it was a great idea, so that's what I am going to do. A Monday Memory of Mom. :o)

8 comments:

  1. Amy, your mom was absolutely gorgeous. I can see where you get your room-lighting smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say, so a smile will have to do.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn@A Mixed BouquetSaturday, February 09, 2008

    She is pretty and I've seen that pic. You did tell me that we shared the same name, but I had forgotten, Amy. :-/

    When I saw "Marilyn" in your first sentence, I was briefly stunned. I immediately wondered if your contact with me and all the emailing with my name was problematic. I then saw later in your post that it wasn't and I smiled. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it seems funny to type out my mom's name and be writing to you. She was the only Marilyn I knew, until I met you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, your Mom was beautiful. I bet you are too! I'm looking forward to hearing more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss her, too. :( tears, here. What a gift she gave me ...... you!! I am forever grateful for that day in her front room when she introduced us.

    ** course, she had to..... you were holding my baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy for a very long time after my Mother's passing I would reach for the phone to tell her something so neat about the family here. Only to realize what I was doing while lifting the receiver. *sigh* :) Once I actually dialed the number to get a recording that it was no longer in service.

    Now, instead of reaching for the phone I just think, "Mama would enjoy hearing/seeing this" Then I smile big, because I know that we will have an eternity to make up what we've missed these past 13 years. LOL It will be FUN!

    It's a very nice thought that you are sharing about you Mama....she had a stunning apprearance.

    Isn't it a nice thought that we have such precious deposits in heaven? :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Through teary eyes - I want to hear more. I can feel how special she is...

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...