Things In My House Thursday # 8

September 19, 2008



I am unashamedly going to copy-cat MSM's Things In My House Thursday post because I have the same issue with needing to have writing instruments, rulers, scissors and paper close at hand at all times. :o)


This is the pencil cup in my "office." I am picky about the type of pen I write with. I prefer fine point pens and they can be hard to find. I like to keep them all in one place.  I have lowered the boom and told my boys that my scissors are to never leave my space. I get frustrated having to look all over for them when I need them. I warned you that I had issues. :o) The red heart rock paperweight came from my daughter, Haley. The red pens are for correcting school work. Yes, I use red. My boys do not suffer from low self-esteem because of it. 


This is the cup at Russ' office. Normally, he has his pens and pencils all over the table. Every few days I gather them from the table and put them in the cup for him. I also remove "my pens" he has borrowed from my cup. *wink* 

These are the containers that are in the kitchen. Notice the scissors? Yes, they have their own pair and if they put them away, they will have no need to use mine. That's the theory, at least.  

Thanks for letting me steal your the idea, MSM.  :o)

Come join us for Things In My House Thursday! It's fun!!

5 comments:

  1. Amy, when I was homeschooling I too used RED ink to correct papers...as of yet, we do not see any severe negative reactions in our now 19 year old son, LOLOL. :) However, they may show up later, perhaps when he is a parent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the same idea; I would feel right at home in your house!!

    I also agree about the red pens, and I think your cups are very pretty.

    As for TIMHT - ALWAYS better to be late than not at all : ) Thanks for joining! (fyi, you aren't linked).

    ReplyDelete
  3. New to your blog from MHR! Enjoyed your posts and I've seen your little picture on many a blog I've visited recently. Figured it was about time I come check you out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use red pens to correct my kids school work too. It started sort of as a joke...but now they accept it as how things are.

    I also enjoyed the part about how you reclaim pens your husband has "borrowed" of yours. Priceless

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use red pens to correct schoolwork, too. I liked your post. Hopefully, I'll remember to do one of my own next week LOL!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...