My heart hurts

October 19, 2008

When my children were little it would hurt my heart to see them be hurt. It didn't matter if their hurt was physical, like a skinned knee or an emotional hurt, like a friend being cruel or the divorce of their parents. When they hurt, I hurt...I thought I wouldn't hurt so much for them when they got older, however, it didn't take long for me to figure out that I will hurt for them, even if their pain is self inflicted, until the day I die. 

The following quote by Elizabeth Stone rings true for me...Especially tonight. 

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Amy. I'll be praying!

    That is a special quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you're saying; I'm sorry for whatever you are specifically going through and will say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grown or not, they will always remain a part of us. When any of our parts hurt, we hurt.

    You know I'm praying, Amy. (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...