Things In My House Thursday #13

October 23, 2008




When I was in third grade I belonged to an organization called Camp Fire Girls. For Christmas that year our leaders took us to a local ceramic shop to make presents for our moms. My mom always wanted a ceramic cat sitting next to the fireplace, so my dad paid the extra money for me make the cat for instead of whatever the rest of the girls were making. I have a sneaky feeling my mom was really the one who made the arrangements for me to make the cat. *wink* 

Come join us for Things In My House Thursday! It's fun!!


4 comments:

  1. My grandmother had a cat like this and I loved it when I was young!

    Sadly, I have no idea what happened to it :(

    I'm with you on your mom being behind the cat's creation....us moms are clever like that : )

    Thanks for joining TIMHT and for taking care of my blogger probs! I feel blessed to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Amy, and a sweet memory of your mom, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet...and what a nice memory to go along with it. You did a great job on the cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have many sweet memories of your mom around the house. How neat!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...