Struggling with my words...

October 5, 2008

This morning's service has me thinking...I am struggling with how to say what it is I am pondering, though. I decided to just say it and if it doesn't make sense to anyone but me, so be it.

Pastor said:

The Gospel is eclipsed when something other than the Gospel becomes our hope for a right relationship with God, for personal change or fulfillment and for eternal life.

In other words, if I am thinking that anything I do is pleasing to God, I am wrong...He is only pleased with His Son, Jesus Christ. It's not about what I do, but about what God has done.

One thing I am so guilty of is being busy at mastering the Word rather than being mastered by it. Oh, and my self-righteousness!! I make myself sick when I think about how self-righteous I can be about not being as self-righteous as someone else.

Then...Then I remember...Grace...Oh, the sweet grace that God has given to this lowly woman who messes up all the time. He is busy at work in my life. Changing me, growing me, sanctifying me. One day, this flesh will be gone and I will be glorified, as Christ is glorified right now. That is the hope. One day, I will be like Him....

Edit: paster Eric Schumacher's sermon, The Gospel and It's Eclipse,  is now available to listen to on line. 

Your comments have such an encouragement to me. :o) 

4 comments:

  1. Your second paragraph was right on! Thank you, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your insight and honesty; I can't express myself as clearly as you, but I do understand some of your struggles : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. It meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...