I have a sister

August 25, 2009

I have a sister...She is my big sister by six years. I don't talk about her much, for her story is very sad...Her whole life has revolved around a toilet and a scale. My sister is bulimic and anorexic and the toll this disorder has ravaged upon her body is about to be paid. She is now laying in a hospital bed breathing her last breaths. Her kidneys gave out long ago, so dialysis was a routine in her life. Her teeth rotted from her mouth, so false ones needed to be created. Her muscles deteriorated so she is unable to walk. Since I was a teen, this has been all I remember of my sister.

Family dynamics are difficult. I dread the days to come...

My prayer: Jesus...Draw me ever nearer...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...