I am my mother

October 2, 2010

I don't know exactly when it happened, but it did happen a few years ago. One day, I woke up, looked in the mirror and realized, I was my mother. As a teenager, the thought of being anything like my mother was horrifying. These days, I am proud be more and more like her.

For example...Buying this,


...however, envisioning this in my mind's eye.
(Sorry, honey, for getting some pink spray paint on your motorcycle...)

My mom would so do this. 



Darling, no?


Close up of the Moda goodness.



For $5, I couldn't pass this up. My mom was never one to pass up a good deal. 


Pieces of my mother are in my sewing room. She painted this in 1984. 


The Indian girl was in my mom's sewing room for as long as I can remember.


 I bought the shelf for a $1. I found this note inside the salt drawer. Cute, huh? 


Yes, I am my mother...A bargain hunter and being creative. 

I miss you, Mom...



7 comments:

  1. We are all our mothers and isn't it grand ! ! And I said I would never be her. God, has another plan !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Amy. I guess we all get to a place where we do become our mother. I love your vintage finds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to bleat, too. That was sooo sweet! My mom's been with Jesus for 9 years, and sometimes, as I'm walking down the hall, there she is... in the mirror - it's me! I look just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very fortunate that you had a loving mother and that you are walking in her footsteps. I wish I was so lucky, but I do enjoy hearing stories of other's Mom's. I hope that I can be like that for my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very blessed to have had a wonderful mother. Some of us are not that fortunate, but I am so happy for you. I love all your treasures, and I love the new cart in pink! Most amazing to me though, was how you put the jelly roll under the glass dome. I have had those in the past never knowing what to do with them. I'll have to check and see if I kept one, or if I'll have to go buy another one. I love that idea! Love your sewing room, and I would bet that Russ just grinned at the pink paint on his motorcycle! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only 22 and I already catch myself repeating my mother's sayings or doing things she does. It scares me sometimes, but there are far worse people I could be emulating. We have a great relationship, and talk almost every day - though my guess is the long-distance helps ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet "mom" post. Love my mom...she doesn't know me anymore at all because of Alzheimers. I have one of those rolling carts sitting behind the craft cottage waiting for a makeover. Mine is black. ick. I want a pink one now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...