DIY: Moda Ribbon Board

October 20, 2010

A couple of years ago, I made a French ribbon board. My office has changed looks a lot since then, but one thing has stayed, my french ribbon board. I love it...

Fast foreword to yesterday. I needed some Goodwill therapy and look at what was waiting for me.


And what could be more perfect for my sewing room than to use than the Moda ribbons I have been collecting to make a french ribbon board. Woot! 

I confess, I imagined I was demonstrating a Moda Bake Shop project...

and then got over myself. *grin*

First up was to transform the green frame into white. Spray paint has become a new best friend in recent weeks. While the frame was drying I began on the board itself. 

My first decision was what fabric to use to cover the board. I briefly  entertained the thought of using some of my Moda fabric I have tucked away, but quickly dismissed that idea. I can always change my mind later, but the thought of using such pretty fabric on the board and then covering it with pictures and such, seemed silly. I also wanted the ribbons to stand out and not get lost on pretty, yet busy, fabric, so I settled on a light pink bed sheet salvaged from, where else, Goodwill. 

I didn't have quite enough of the Moda ribbons, even after removing it from my Tula Pink Plume jelly roll and my Chloe's Closet Happy Daisy fat quarter bundle I had tucked away. (Sorry about the blurriness of my picture.)


I purchased some 1" cotton twill, folded it in half and sewed a decorative stitch down the center. 


It took some time to get the placement just right. 




Once all the ribbons found their place and were secured with staples, I added the simple furniture tacks to the places where the ribbons cross.


Replaced the newly painted frame and it's done! The project cost less than $15. Gotta love that! 







10 comments:

  1. That is SO pretty, and I love the idea of using the Moda ribbons - I never think of using them for other purposes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looks so wonderful.....thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about doing this very thing for quite a while now, so it was really nice to see done up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! We do love GW, don't we? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the transformation!!
    thank you for lining back!!
    xoxo
    Keren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good thrifty project and yours is adorable! I love my GW also. Our opened this past May and I have truly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to recycle and reuse! Thanks for sharing.

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving all things on your blog! Your pictures are so awesome and the blog so cheery. I just don't have the technical skills to get mine looking so good. I enjoyed catching up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT! well done Amy :) thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...