Dollar desk final reveal...

August 31, 2011

Have you seen the great knobs and drawer pulls at Hobby Lobby? They are amazing! I have been drooling over them for a couple of months, but had no reason to buy any...Until now. =)  Better yet, at my local Hobby Lobby, they are 50% off. I picked and put down several styles until I settled on these clear glass knobs. 


Ready?

From this...



To this...


Pokey very wisely suggested I tally up the total for the redoing of the desk. Estimating a bit high, I would say it cost $45 which includes the paint, new paint brush and knobs. 

Linking up with Whatever You Want Wednesday. =)


9 comments:

  1. Ok, now i'm flashed!
    The new look from your sewingroom is so adoreable, lovley, cute :-)
    Just beautyful. I could grab i right from the pic ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I got our knobs from Anthropologie, they have a nice selection, but they are never 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice save on this old desk. You've really made it a desirable place to work! You forgot to tell us how much the tally for paint, knobs, etc. came to, but it's worth your labor invested ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  4. $45 was a very good price, with the end result being a beautiful piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! It looks great! I love thrifty finds like this. You have a really nice craft area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOOO.......I LOVE IT! And I'm not even a pink person!

    Great job, Amy!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great...i was just in our hobby lobby and bought a few for my littlest's dresser. ever since i was a little girl and we had huge glass door knobs that looked like giant diamonds(to me) i can not get enough of glass knobs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sewing room remodel looks just amazing! The "new" desk is so pretty!! I love it!! Did you have to sand it before painting? Did you use a special paint or finish? I'm thinking of repainting some desks in the girls' rooms and not sure how to go about it.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...