I love...

August 19, 2012

I love my Brooklyn girl...

Mom and dad were working, so we had Brooklyn to ourselves Saturday morning for several hours to play. We found this beautiful gown for her at a thrift store for $1.50! 


I love spending time with Russ...

Friday Russ and I took a tour of the Polaris factory where they make Victory motorcycles. We won our NYC trip through Polaris. 
 

We met the Victory spokesman, Gunny i.e.: R. Lee Ermey. I know him as the voice of Sarge in Toy Story, but he has done other movies. 


I love pretty fabric...

 We also visited three quilt shops on this trip. All three were fabulous!! I found some great deals on fabrics for my stash, all on clearance. Yea!
  
All three of these shops are worth the effort to go visit if you are in the area:

The Calico Hutch - Hayward, MN
Quilt n Stitches - Spirit Lake, Iowa






I love thrift stores and vintage treasures....

 And a couple of fun finds at the same thrift store where we found Brooklyn's dress. The GE travel iron  was $1! The phone, which I have been looking for, for a long time, was $3. I was so excited! Usually I only see the beige colored ones. 


I love that it has the original cord. I kinda miss dialing a phone to call someone. 


I love being this mans wife....

Last, but not least...Today Russ and I are celebrating our 12th anniversary. =) I am a very blessed woman to be married to such a kind and generous man. 


I am going to try to get caught up with blog reading and the Bowls blog hop. TRY is the key word....

Have a great Sunday!

18 comments:

  1. dress for 1.50$, phone for 3$ and iron for 1$ - how lucky was that! I'm over from the Bowls with Borders with no blog...sorry...I need to say those vintage phones (I also miss the dial-up) are 35$, the irons are anywhere from 8$ to 25$ if they work...for your wonderful bowl runner - is the blue Kona peacock? My bowls are way back on Aug 13th and since I had no idea how this all works, well...I am happy with mine But yours and everyone else's are just amazing, wonderful, perfect...this was and is a lot of fun. Thank you.
    Cathy R from Surrey BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, me again...I forgot to say congratulation on winning the trip to New York! I went once and really want to return. You will have a great time.
    Cathy R

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your 12 year anniversary!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with Brooklyn, she is so cute and that dress is perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Amy! Looks like you had a delightful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie and wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to the happy couple!

    Brooklyn is so cute...and she loves her new dress!...my favorite is the travel iron. What a great find!

    Congrats on everything,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! Wishing you many, many more!
    I love your fantastic finds - the fabric and other goodies - especially Miss Brooklyn's dress! Glad you had a great get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,

    Looks as though you had a delightful outing! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!Brooklyn is darling...fun to be with her, for sure!

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling granddaughter!! I'm sure you enjoyed thrifting with her! Can't wait to see what you do with your fabric!! Happy Anniversary!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet loves and treasures!! Have a wonderful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. And, Happy Anniversary!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. great week end! love the apple fabric and the security needle, so pretty. HIIHI this black phone is really vintage! I have one on the wall in the garage we call it the BATPHONE like batman! hihihi nice day to you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I recognize him from Saving Silverman. How lucky you were to win, see the shop and meet him. And go to all those fabric stores, find those thrift store goodies, but the best might be finding a good man. Happy Anniversary!

    (PS - I miss dialing a real phone too)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary, both of you! It was a loving post, nothing is better than being together with the ones you love!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! What a score on the press for the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like you really had such a fun day! congratulations on the wedding anniversary!! Lovely shopping....

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'll never believe this, but my husband wants us to get a Victory! I'll show him your blog post after work tonight. ;-)
    That little dress is adorable!
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...