My stitching update and a Betsy's stitch a long

August 13, 2012


I am pleased with how this is turning out. I was struggling with the french knots, so I bought beads to use instead. In the center of the flowers I used amethyst and mother-of-pearl beads. Left overs from my jewelry making days. I ended up deciding to make this a wall hanging and the plan is to have more hand quilting on it than machine quilting. We'll see if I stick to that plan. =) The one thing I would do differently would be to use two strands of embroidery floss for the words instead of the #5 pearl thread.  The words were too small for such a thick thread. I don't hate it, so I left it as it is and am making the mental note for next time. =) 

Next up, check out this darling quilt. 

{source}

Seriously, is it not the sweetest? The pattern is called Betsy's Closet by Brenda Riddle

Jenny and Kathy are hosting a stitch along to make this darling stitchery quilt and anyone can join in on the fun! All the information for the stitch a long can be found here or here. Also, Brenda has some kits made up that you can buy with all that you will need and because I want mine to look just like the picture, I bought one. I cannot wait for it to get here so I can start! 

Be sure to come back on Wednesday when I will be sharing my Bowls With Borders project. =) 


7 comments:

  1. I love your stitchery, and I think the Betsy's Closet quilt is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stitchery!! Love the verse!! That quilt is too cute!! Happy new week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stitchery, Amy. Cute, cute quilt too, are your going to start working on this, soon?

    Hope you are having a great week.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling pattern!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is tempting. I'm following the Stitch Along. I need to think about this for a day or two. I'd love to join in, but am not sure I have the time to commit. So, so, tempting. I'll let you know if i join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful stitching Amy! love the pearl i use it too instends of dots sometimes! great pattern this closet! nice day to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...