Sunday in New York

September 28, 2012

Ground Zero...It was a sobering place to be. 

A place for quiet reflection.  

North Tower 
To remember those who died.

South Tower
People of all ages died that terrible day...


Being here brought on a rush of memories of that day. Where I was. What I was doing. Calling my husband to tell him what was happening and not being able to tear myself away from the TV...

Life goes on, but we will never forget....

Tower One in process of being built. 

The view from the river where the original Twin Towers once stood...And the new towers being built. 


Our last trek in New York was to hike around Wall Street and head to the Staten Island Ferry for a ride. Russ wanted to find the bull, but we never did find him. 


I did not know this, but George Washington was sworn in as the first president of the United States here. 


The Brooklyn Bridge. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it at night when it is all lit up. 


And our sweet Lady Liberty. =) 


On our last subway ride. We had a lot of fun, but we were ready to come home. =)


We wished we would have had time to enjoy the museums, to see the library and visit Elis Island. There is always next time, right? 

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great trip! thanks for sharing with pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are wonderful pictures that you took!!! Ground Zero still had chain link fencing up when we were there last, four years ago...
    Not sure how you missed the bull, it is huge...

    Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw a lot that we missed! How neat. Glad you got to ride the ferry, we really enjoyed that - but it might have been because we could sit down, lol. I didn't know that about George Washington, how cool. We didn't see the bull either. Your pics are just wonderful, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Pictures. They told me once more that NY is worth a trip!
    One day, someday.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love NYC we just went their back in June of this year but I just couldn't and didn't really want to visit ground zero. It just seems so surreal for me. A memory still too soon there if that makes since.
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to NY and loved seeing all your photos!!! I didn't know they were rebuilding the towers!! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such great photos! I can only imagine what you felt while visiting ground zero. My oldest daughter was in Spain that awful day, waiting on a plane to head back to San Francisco through JFK. The flight was grounded and she was to stay in Spain another 5 days until the first flight was allowed to fly back to the US. She had to change planes at JFK...she said that when they took off the area where the twin towers had once stood wsa still smoldering. She said she had never seen anything like it before. There were only 10 people on her flight back to San Francisco, and they still keep in touch with each other. It truly was a day like no other!! I'm so glad you had a great time!!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I just enjoyed all the posts about your trip. Great photos...you really made the most of your short time there. Now I want to go! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful trip! So much to see and take in. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing the photos! (But I do keep wondering if you were able to visit Purl Soho.) :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...