Death is not dying

July 6, 2009

*I just got done watching Rachel's talk...I was right. It's a must see. Go some place quiet and watch this video. You will be richly blessed...*

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm gonna. I have a feeling it needs to be seen by more than just me. BTW, I got the link from Tim Challies' A La Carte post. Have you added him to your list of blogs to read yet??

After four and a half years of vigilantly fighting breast cancer, the 37 year old wife and mother of two was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

But for Rachel the essence of life is found in her relationship with God through Jesus. And that's why Rachel is convinced that death is not dying.

On March 4, 2009, what started out as a small talk to a women's group at her church grew into an event attended by 600 women from around Vancouver, giving Rachel an opportunity to share about her hope in the midst of terminal cancer.

Rachel’s honest and thought-provoking talk touched women of all ages and left a hunger for discovering more about Rachel’s journey and the faith that has so deeply affected her life.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! I just commented on your comment (talking about us being alike) and here I see that you've posted Rachel's story as well! Bless you! We really need to get this out to everyone! For a Christian, death truly is NOT dying but only the journey to our true lives, in Heaven with our Father. Amen. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her to spread this message while fighting such a battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you read that she died (or started living?) last week?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...