I'm spoiled and I know it

August 29, 2010

Russ and I had to take a trip to Des Moines yesterday, so we made a day of it. Russ spoils me! No worries, I spoil him, too. He got to see lots and lots of motorcycles. {grin} I did have one moment of anxiety in the Harley store. I was envisioning Russ touching a bike and having it fall over and then watching a very expensive domino affect take place. I wonder if that's ever happened before or if it's only in my imagination. All I know is my heart was in my throat the while time I was there. Still makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about it. 

Okay...On to the fun stuff....Quilt store finds!

Our first stop was The Quilter's Cupboard. I was excited when they greeted us at the door telling us that today was their customer appreciation day and everything was 15% off. {woot} The first thing I grabbed was the book, Quilters' Travel Companion...I have lots of day trips planned now! 



Here are my fabric finds for the day...

I've always loved the Dolly Dresses line by Holly Holderman


Some fun Moda fabric on clearance...



I found a few more fat quarters and yardage of red and turquoise for the Little Red-Riding-Hood project I have in my mind. I think she is so darling! 



Can't have too many 1930's fat quarters...At least, I don't think so. =)



I'm always on the lookout for fabric with sheep, but I am very kinda picky about the sheep. I don't like them to be too cartoony. These two prints made it home with me to be added to my other lamb fabric. One of these days I'll start on my lamb quilt. 


I am very blessed to have a husband who loves and supports my sewing hobby. {sigh of love}



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I love your fabric finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I am dying here....what wonderful fabrics....where is my drool rag?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH. I love the Quilters Cupboard. Whenever we go to Ankeny to see our son and daughter-in-law I have to go there. What luck to get the 15% off!! Love the Dolly Dresses. Is this a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun fabrics you found! There's nothing like finding a good deal! And they're sure out there in this economy!
    Happy Stitches to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Quilters' Cupboard is a darling quilt store. I will definitely go back again when I am in the area.

    The Dolly Dresses wasn't a kit...It's cute, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful day (apart from the heart-in-your-throat moment) - and it sure sounds like your hubby is wonderful too!
    I collect sheep fabric too!!! We used to have a sheep farm (200 sheep!) and my screen name on the quilt forum I belong to reflects my love for sheep. I still have about 30 cloth / wooden / ceramic / etc. ones in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Amy~

    What pretty fabric finds. I am so loving the dolly dresses!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome fabric - quilt store days are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...