What is that on your pins?

April 19, 2012

I'm still plugging away at the wedding quilt. I hope to have it done in time for the wedding reception on Friday! 

I've had several inquiries as to the pins I use for basting. 



I use the quilters bent safety pins and on them I attached Quilters Delight Safety Pin Covers. I also use the Kwik Klip. Both were one of the best purchases I have ever made. They make pin basting so much easier. The pins never tangle with the covers on them, so they are always open and ready to go in my mason jar. I sprinkle them out on my quilt sandwich and go to town. I put a bunch of pins into the quilt and I go back later to pin them all with the clip. It's really slick and goes so much faster.  =) 

On to the finishes I got done last weekend. 

I haven't fully joined the Swoon craze, but I did tip my toe into the water and made one block. I made the block quite a while ago, but couldn't decide how to quilt it. It sat and mocked me for weeks. There are so many great Swoon blocks on the blogosphere with fabulous quilting on them that I got all intimidated and thought I wouldn't be able to make my block cute. I finally decided to just get over it and did echo quilting with the walking foot, and a some small fancy stuff in the center. I think it turned out really great! Maybe I will do a whole quilt of Swoon after all. =) 


Next up a scrappy baby quilt. I used the Pieced Scrap Boarder quilt by Red Pepper Quilts pattern and added a four patch to spice it up. I have to say, I think this is my favorite quilt to date. 


Round corners. Pieced backing. Orange binding. Wonky square spiral quilting. It's my favorite go-to quilting style. 

Love this one....So much....


And new book. I used a 50% off coupon at Joann's. Yeah, baby! What a great book!! Seriously. So well written. I am determined to make a bag I will love this summer. 



2 comments:

  1. What creativity going on! I like the swoon block you tackled, and LOVE the blocks in the square one. Such happy colors!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THOSE PINS!!

    (and of course the quilts.) :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...