Dolly Quilt

April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday found me resting and working on this small quilt. It's my practice piece for hand quilting. The small quilt really had no purpose other than to just have fun with it... 

That is until Jenna, my grand neice spied me sitting in the corner working on it. 


Jenna is a shy little girl of 5 or 6 and only one of two girls in our family. My mother in law had to wait for great grandchildren to get her girls. =) 

She sat up next to  me and asked me what I was doing. I explained I was doing some quilting on this small quilt. She asked me what it was for and I told her I didn't know...I asked her if she liked it and she said, "Oh, yes!" I asked her if she had any dollies that needed a blanket. She thought for a minute. She said, "I have some blankets, but I would like another one." I thought it was sweet she didn't want to lie and yet wanted to let me know she really wanted this one. 


Of course I told her she could have it when I was finished with it. 

A silly migraine this week has put me behind in getting it done, but I have made this a priority. We can't have Jenna's babies getting chilled now, could we? 



With my Christmas money, I purchased a Barnett Laptop hoop. This is my first time using it. I L.O.V.E it! I bought the one with the sit on laptop base, but it comes off so it can be used with or without, depending on your needs. I am very pleased with my purchase and will use it for years to come. =) 

Barnett's Laptop Hoops




16 comments:

  1. Such a sweet quilt!! Love the patchwork!! You are quite talented!! :) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little girl - she sounds lovely - not to ask for the quilt right out. It looks great - one lucky little dollie!! The hoop looks interesting - I bet it makes hand work so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful and LOVE the hand quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful and LOVE the hand quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very sweet little quilt!! The quilting is beautiful. Perfect for a little girls dolly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet that she was interested! I hope your migraine is better. I get those once in a while and it puts things to a halt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post. And who knows, you just may have a future quilting partner in the works.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mini quilt is gorgoeus - I love the colours! ... And your quilting looks fantastic!!! I hope sweet Jenna will enjoy it for years to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's adorable! love the mix of both the hand and machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenna is a very lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'am a handquilter by heart, even if i do much more knitting than quilting ;-)

    I just love to do stich after stich...
    Yours look fantastic♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilt. In our family, my mom had 5 girls, no boys. Now she has 3 granddaghters and 5 grandsons. She had to wait for boys! Two of the boys are mine (I also have 3 girls) and I now know more than I ever wanted to know about boys (since I never had a brother) if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how fast you crank these things out. How big around is that hoop?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...