Simply Play

April 24, 2012

I thought you would want to see the happy couple with their quilt. =) 


I finished up the Simply Play quilt I was working on playing with the other day. 

I wanted to do scalloped edges on it, but it don't go so well and I gave up.  The mitered corners at the bottom of the scallops wasn't happening and it bugged me. Perhaps I need to start with gentle waves on the edges instead. 


This quilt quilted up perfectly. I didn't have on bit of trouble with shifting fabric or any puckering at all. It was a dream to quilt. 


My favorite part....The back.

Isn't this vintage sheet perfect for the back of this quilt? 


I cut a strip off the bottom of the sheet and sewed it to the top so I could make sure the top of the sheet with the eyelet and the row of flowers were left intact across the back. 


Size : 60 x 60



14 comments:

  1. I love those colors together now too! Your hard work paid off in a pair of big smiles.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I love the green quilt! They look very "in love"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty!! Love the vintage quilt backing!! I need to do that for my granny square quilt!! Thanks for the inspiration!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And the sheet on the back just gets even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just lovely! Great job and a fast one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy quilt! It's wonderful, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your website after searching for a windmill quilt. So far, I *love* it!! I have never quilted anything because I'm scared to death of it. But that doesn't stop me from looking at different quilt block patterns and enjoying quilts made by the hands of others. I look forward to reading back further on your site, and I'm happy to have found another redeemed sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the happy couple looks very appreciative!!!!! you did a great job on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this quilt! (I say that about all of yours.) Great lining too. Just pretty all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to take a pic of the happy couple with their quilt!
    Love the other quilt too; the back is perfect!
    (It did remind me of a silly story that went around here a few years ago - a not-so-bright couple spent the night in a bed that didn't work out so well, partly because the sheet wasn't long enough, so their brilliant plan? cut off a piece of the sheet from the bottom and sew it to the top - that should help, right?! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both quilts are adorable...love the backing to that one....

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...