Pam's Candy

May 23, 2012

Pam is a dear sister in the Lord, and she blessed the ladies in our church by opening her home and sharing  good food, great coffee, delishious tea 

and 

gorgeous eye candy!

How cute is this American Jane quilt? And look at her "K!" It's made out of mother-of-pearl buttons. It sparkled and shined. 


But wait...It gets better. Look at her hexagon quilt that she made and is hand quilting. She didn't paper piece or use templates. She cut out each and every hexie with her scissors. Not only that, do you see the fabric? Some of it is Simplicity, my most favorite fabric line ever! I wish I could figure out what other lines of fabric was used. You see, Pam doesn't know because she got all the fabric at a garage sale. Garage sale! She hit the mother lode, don't you agree?


Can you see her stitches? They are so perfect and tiny. I could kick myself for not taking a picture of her with her quilt. Next time...


Now I think I need to get serious and make one, too. It doesn't have to be a big bed size quilt, right? =) I am going to use my hexagon templates for mine, though. 

Actually, I want to make both of these quilts. 

Thanks, Pam, for your precious hospitality last night and for sharing your talent with us. =) 


10 comments:

  1. Olá.Você já ouviu um ditado,(RIR E COÇAR É SÓ COMEÇAR)hexágonos é assim,se é começado...Beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts...especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity was also one of my favorite Moda lines! Shabby chic at its finest. In fact I has quite a bit of it in my stash!...Oh and I wiah that I could have been at that garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! She sure did hit the mother lode at that garage sale! My daughter is blessed that way too. :) She recently went to a sale at a lady's house who used to own a quilt/yarn shop and got all kinds of great material and books/templates for nearly NOTHING! I was so happy for her! She said, "Now if I can find time to actually do something with it!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Amy!! I would love to have such talent quilting, especially hand quilting!! Amazing!! Thanks for sharing!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding fabrics and such at garage sales. Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Amy, you're too cute. I feel all famous-y now, being on your internet blog and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,
    I really like the hexagon wall hanging. So odd how someone can take an old pattern, and somehow make it look new! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...