Psalm 95

July 3, 2008

This was my scripture reading today. I usually read a Psalm, a chapter in the Old Testament and a chapter in the New Testament, but today's Psalm stopped me in my tracks. I even called the boys to come and hear it. I couldn't help but lift up my voice when I read it to them. 

He is a great God! 

1 Oh come, let us sing to the LORD!
         Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
 2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
         Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
 3 For the LORD is the great God,
         And the great King above all gods.
 4 In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
         The heights of the hills are His also.
 5 The sea is His, for He made it;
         And His hands formed the dry land.
         
 6 Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
         Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
 7 For He is our God,
         And we are the people of His pasture, 
         And the sheep of His hand. 
         
         Today, if you will hear His voice:
 8 “Do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion,
         As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
 9 When your fathers tested Me;
         They tried Me, though they saw My work.
 10 For forty years I was grieved with that generation,
         And said, ‘It is a people who go astray in their hearts, 
         And they do not know My ways.’
 11 So I swore in My wrath,
         ‘They shall not enter My rest.’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...