What's behind your walls?

July 26, 2008



We have been talking about replacing our windows for the last 5 years. This year, we decided to start replacing them a few at a time by ourselves. The above pictures are from the den. You never know what you will find when you begin a home improvement project. We certainly weren't expecting termites. :o( 

Sunday update: We stayed home form church, which really hurts. I love going to church, but we need to get something done. We've decided to remove all of the paneling in the den, insulate it and put up new drywall. The sad news...It looks like we will be canceling yet another vacation this summer. Right after the flood, we were to go camping for a week and I just couldn't go. It felt wrong. Now the expense of going to the Boundary Waters (gas, cabin, dog care, incidentals) seems pretty foolish when we have a major expense in our home to take care of. 

In all of  this, I give praise to God. Praise we found the problem when we did. Praise we can fix it. Praise that we have a home, when so many in our area do not. Praise that our real home is in Heaven, where rust and moth can not destroy and one day, we will be there to worship God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit forever. Amen!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy! What a mess that is! I'm sure it was such a surprise but I have to tell you that I love, love, love your attitude toward it. God tells us to be thankful in all circumstances and your post gives testimony that you are!

    Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awful! Sorry!

    But it will feel so good and so right when everything is back in order; the sacrifices will be worth it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have to deal with the mess! I too am glad you found it when you did though. You are being watched over, and because you can see it as a blessing things will go so much smoother for you.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...