Safe in the Almighty Shepherd's hands!

July 9, 2008

"I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd
 lays down His life for the sheep." John 10:11

Jesus is the Shepherd of His flock--
  to conduct, guard and defend them,
  to feed them in the green pastures of His grace,
  to cure and heal their spiritual diseases,
  to restore them when they wander,
  to gather the lambs with His arms,
  to carry them in His bosom, and gently lead them.

His power, care and compassion are infinite! 
His followers are as sheep in the midst of wolves. We 
hear one of them saying, "My soul is among lions!" 
These lions may gape and roar, they may seek to 
devour--but the sheep are safe in the Almighty 
Shepherd's hands!
 For He has said, "My sheep 
hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me. 
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish
—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand!"

Such a Shepherd must be precious!

(John Fawcett, "Christ Precious")

*I ask you today to meditate on and answer this question....Is Jesus precious to you? 
I'd love to hear how in your daily life, you show the world that Jesus is precious to you. ~ Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...