Brooklyn's 1st Birthday

July 15, 2008

Sunday was Brooklyn's 1st birthday party and it was quite the birthday bash!! We had decided a long time ago, to make her birthday party weekend a family camping trip since it's such a long drive and it solves the ever present question when things like this comes up..."What are we going to do with the pups?" 

Saturday was Jen's day to get the cooking done for the party. I offered to help and was so relieved to hear her say, "I'm glad you offered because I was counting on you helping me by baby sitting Brooklyn." Now that was an offer I couldn't refuse!!! I got a good couple of hours of playing time in with her and I admit it....I loved every second that I had her all to myself. :o) When Brooklyn was napping, Jen and I had a good couple of hours getting to know each other better, too. She is a wonderful mother and I enjoy watching her with her daughter.
 
Later that evening, they came out to our campsite and had dinner with us. The boys are totally enamored with her, especially Mitchell. He never left her side. Me thinks he is smitten. *wink*
 
Sunday was party day!! Jen's mom wasn't able to come early, so Jen asked if I would help her set up. I was so flattered to be asked. Jen and I went to the coffee house to decorate two hours before show time to set up. We nearly ran out of time getting everything ready. We only lost 4 balloons to the rafters. At one time, Jen only had two balloons in her hand and I heard her say, "Uh oh!" I looked over in time to watch her watch a balloon as it floated out of her reach. It was pretty funny! 

I hope my boys don't feel cheated because they have never had a party like this one!! It had a theme. It was a brown and pink party. Brown and pink balloons, brown and pink centerpieces, brown and pink cupcakes, brown and pink dress for Princess Brooklyn. It was very pretty and well done. Not over the top, just enough to look special.
 
Brooklyn was the star of the show. It was gratifying to see that she got some toys. Poor thing didn't hardly have anything to play with! Oh, and clothes. Her closet was almost bare! Seriously, she is very well loved, but not spoiled. :o)

Here is what I decided she must have:

The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name ~ This is no ordinary children's Bible. This one does a great job of showing how gospel is woven into all of the stories in the Bible and shows how Jesus is the scarlet thread woven throughout the whole Bible. I want Brooklyn to know Jesus.

Big Truths for Little Kids ~ This is an excellent book that helps you teach your child systematically the basic truths of the Christian faith. It's geared for older children, but I am hoping that Jen and Steve start to read it to her now. It's a book I need to get for our home. I want Brooklyn to know that she was created for God's glory. 
 
Two Carter's sunsuits. One was lime green (my fav color)  and the other had flowers with the words "Hand picked," in the front. Perfect for the family that was hand picked to be her parents.

Last, but not least...
 
 


This was longer than I planned, so I will post the picture slide show in a new post. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Amy, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I'm so happy for you that you are so welcomed into their family. Brooklyn is growing more beautiful each time I see pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I just cannot believe that Brooklyn is already one year old! Wow!

    You are a blessing to them and I know you are blessed by having your new extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words. :o) One of the best parts of the weekend, was hanging out with Jen's mom, Loretta. Now that is a neat lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Brooklyn is so pretty. I laughed when I saw the book ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet little sheep. She definitely NEEDED that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...