Random stuff

July 29, 2008

I have missed two Monday's posts about my mom. The words haven't been coming. When my thoughts and words begin to flow, I'll start up again. 

We have termite exterminators coming to our home this week to give us estimates on how much it will cost to get rid of the destructive little critters. It appears, in our layman's eyes, that we caught them early, which is a huge praise!! I'm also thankful for them because now I am finally getting new windows for my house that I have wanted to get for a long, long time. We will have to buy all new trim for the windows, which means I will be doing a lot of sanding, staining and varnishing a lot over the next few months. Since the den is already torn up, we are also going to refinish the wood floors in there to see how hard it will be to do the rest of the house. I'd love to get rid of the carpet in the living room and just have area rugs. The upstairs bedrooms and hallway rooms are all exposed wood, but the woods is in pretty bad shape and in need of refinishing. That's all dreaming and in the future plans. We need new windows first! 

Mommy Sweet Mom is starting a "Things in My House" meme that I am going to join. So you can watch for those starting this Thursday. :o) Please consider joining us. I think it will be fun!

Last Sunday, one of my friends at church had her first baby. One of the many that will be filling the nursery over the next few months. A precious baby boy that they named Tobin. I have to shower this little guy with lots of gifts to make up for calling him a "she" during the whole pregnancy.  :-D I can't wait to hold him!! 

God is good...ALL the time and deserving of all GLORY, HONOR and PRAISE. I am in awe to be one of His sheep that He has called to be His own....

1 comment:

  1. I've been missing the Mom posts, but I understand writer's block, too.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...