My Husband Rocks ~ Selflessness

August 22, 2008

We live in a world where it's more common to hear a woman complaining about her husband in public more often than hearing one who is building her husband up. When I married my husband 8 years ago, I determined to never tear him down in public, or in private for that matter, but to always honor him. I didn't want to be a foolish woman who tears down my own house with my own hands (Proverbs 14:1). I haven't always been successful, but with God's grace, I have honored him many times more than I have dishonored him.

I can't even begin to retrace the steps I took the day I stumbled upon Katy Lin's blog, the great adventure. It was one of those blog reading days where I skipped all over the internet, but there weren't any bread crumbs on the path to show me from whence I came. But that doesn't matter now. What matters is that I found a treasure. A breath of fresh air. A kindred spirit. I found another woman who loves to brag up on her hubby!! And one smart enough to start a meme about it, to boot! Katy Lin's blog roll for My Husband Rocks! is impressive for only being a couple of months old. I believe this is a meme made in Heaven. Literally. It glorifies God when we honor and respect our husbands, so I am excited to be a part of it.

Won't you come join us for
Friday!

My Rusty Rocks in the selflessness department. I am one of the millions of people around the world that suffers from migraines. The medical community has made great strides in finding medications to help reduce or eliminate migraines over the last several years, however, none are perfect and there are times where I wind up in bed for a day or two no matter what I try.

During those times, my Rusty is attentive and caring. He will rub my temple for hours in the middle of the night, even though he has to get up early in the morning to go to work. He'll also get up in the night to get me more medication or refill my ice bag when needed. He has NEVER complained...Not once...

I may not have the biggest, fanciest house in town, or the biggest diamond on my finger, but what I have is worth far more than those things...I have a husband who cherishes me.

And I could not ask for more...

6 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful testimony to Christ-like love. Thank you so much for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! he's definitely awesome! sorry to hear about the migraines, but thanks for sharing and joining us :)

    thank you, also, for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your husband is a good man and I can see you are just as wonderful a wife. Your are both lucky to have found one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first paragraph, very wise words. Frank and I always take care never to cut each other down in front of other people, especially our children.

    This was a wonderful post, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! You are blessed and a blessing! I'm sorry you suffer with migraines. My husband is very helpful to me, too. (I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.) Thank you for commenting on my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...