Things In My House Thursday # 4

August 21, 2008



In honor of Holden, who turned 20 on Monday. I decided to post about my Beanie Baby, Early Robin. Stay with me. There is a connection. 


When Holden was a very young boy, we played a game called, "I Saw the First Robin." Seeing robins come back to Iowa is a sure sign that Spring is here, so we would race to see who would see the first one of the new Spring season. The game quickly evolved into a counting game for Holden. He would come in from playing outside and announce, "I saw three more robins. That makes 278 robins this year." It was our special game and one I looked forward to every spring time...Until the time came when he told me he was "too old" to count the robins for me. *sigh* 'Tis so bittersweet to watch your children grow up. 

During those Beanie Babies crazy days (I tried not to be one of "those people," but I did get caught up in it...just a little), I spotted Early Robin and immediately thought of Holden. He's a precious reminder of a sweeter and simpler time that I had with my son that passed by far too quickly...



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and what a sweet post. We lived in Iowa for 5 years, so I remember the joy of a robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit to having more than one beanie baby in our house - - and I have NO meaningful stories behind any of them.

    Love the picture of you and your son!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat memory! The beanie baby is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute Beanie Baby. It's nice to have a memory attached to it. Thanks for sharing. Neat meme - I'm going to participate next Thursday!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...