Things In My House Thursday # 5

August 28, 2008




My momma received this clock from her dad in honor of her high school graduation. She treasured it because he picked it out and purchased it as a gift just from him. It's special when  daddy buys something for his little girl, no matter her age. It's a tiny little thing. Only 4 inches tall, not counting the dangles. I probably should have dusted it before I took the picture, but that would have given you a false impression. Dusting is not high on my list of things to do. 

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute and the history of it is very, very sweet.

    I love that it is tiny; does it still work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it doesn't work. I'm afraid to take it somewhere to get it fixed. I would be so very sad if something happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I adore it! The story behind it makes it that much more special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift from your grandfather to your mother once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cute! I love the story behind it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special gift. I didn't even see the dust.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...