Tears, tears and more tears...

March 28, 2009

Thursday night and all day Friday, I cried. The silent tears rolling down your face kind of cry...Tears of deep seated fear and pain...Like the ones I shed when my mom died. Like the ones I shed when I knew that Brooklyn was going to live with another family. Like ones I shed when I said good bye to Brooklyn at the hospital, fully expecting to never see her again...

I am not at liberty to share what the circumstances are for this latest bout of tears. Perhaps one day I can. The point of this post is to share what an arrogant fool I am.

Here I am, this puny speck of dust, looking up into the vast heavens that God spoke into existence with a word, the One Who holds it all together with the power of His word, the One who feeds the ravens, the One Who clothes the lilies of the fields, the One Who is Truth, the One Who is the author of all life and I say to this mighty Sovereign God...

I am afraid to trust You with this...
Even so, He is merciful and kind to me...He relieves my fears, brings peace to my soul and dries my tears....
How deep is Your love
How high and how wide is Your mercy
How deep is Your grace
Our hearts overflow with praise
To You




6 comments:

  1. Praying for you & wishing I could give you a hug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for whatever you are going through. Wish I could be there physically for you, but you're in my thought and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you!!! God is so good to love us and care for us :::no matter what:::

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the other comments. Virtual hugs and prayers coming your way!
    And - yes, all that snow is just WRONG. It's spring, right?

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...