Time for drastic measures

March 20, 2009

Thank you all for praying for me. :o) It means so much to me...

Okay, I am now ready to do something proactive about these stupid migraines. What I do now when I'm getting a migraine is to take Frova to help stop it, however I don't get warnings before my migraines hit and taking it after the pain has already begun helps stop the pain only about 50% of the time. I usually end up taking extra Xanax to make me sleep through the pain. I slept until 3:00 pm yesterday. :o( It's a good thing my boys are old enough to care for themselves. I don't know what I'd do if I had little ones to care for.

Desperate times call for drastic measures. I am going to try acupuncture. I've had three people tell me to give it a try in the last month. After this last migraine, which was a VERY bad one, I am ready to do something.
I called the doctor's office about coming in for treatments. They told me to call for an appointment the next time I have a migraine, which means I need to try to talk coherently enough to make an appointment and get someone to drive me. That will be tricky! *wink* The talking coherently part, not getting someone to drive me. I'm sure someone will take me. :o)

I'll keep you posted on this new adventure I will be undertaking.

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing acupuncture treatments for over 3 years with my migraines. I go to my chiropractor, so I've never had to make an appointment. And usually within 15 minutes, I feel 100% better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this works for you; I don't have many migraines but I know when you're in intense pain you are willing to try just about anything to get relief.
    I'd try it for sure if nothing else was working.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...