Spring is springing!

March 16, 2009

Isn't Spring wonderful? Except for when it rains and I have 12 muddy paws to deal with, it's my favorite time of year. The bugs aren't out yet, so I can keep the sliding screen door to the backyard open and the dogs can go in and out at will. And, the flowers are beginning to peek up out of the ground.


I LOVE yard work. I like playing in the dirt, mowing the grass (though my boys do it most of the time) raking the leaves and weeding. Now, I don't love it enough to do the whole neighborhood, but I have been known to drop by a friends house and weed their garden as we are talking. I promised Jenny last fall to help her with her flower garden this spring. We'll be able to get started on that in the next month or so. :o)

Today the weather warmed up to the middle 60's. Mitchell and I collected 6 bags of leaves. The yard looks so much better. Next up...Working in the gardens and cleaning them up a bit. I need to cut the pampas grass down to 4" so it will be ready for it's new growth in a few weeks.


I also really need to divide my hostas that are behind the garage...I've said that for the last 4 years, so I really do need to get it done this Spring. They were H.U.G.E last summer! If anyone wants some, just let me know! :o)

4 comments:

  1. After so many years of cleaning up 16 muddy paws and their prints, I was enjoying not having to do that anymore (though missing those babies!). Leyna has teeny little paws, which never seem to get muddy..I think she moves to fast for the mud to stick on them. Now that we have Pepper, I am suddenly faced with muddy paw prints on the floor again. Good thing he's so cute1 ;-)

    Don't you just love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee on your Spring springing!! I, too, love this time of year. Just getting things ready for Spring is fun. I suppose because it heightens the anticipation of all the beauty to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're supposed to be in the high 60's tomorrow and I'm looking forward to getting outside and poking around. It's been raining since Thursday.

    Our daffodils are up and blooming and my tulips are growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on loving the idea of getting outside and working with growing stuff again!! Pampas grass ... cool; I never knew the name of that stuff. It amazes me how it looks totally dead, yet comes back nicely each year.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...