Things In My (Momma's) House Thursday

March 12, 2009

RS small TIMHT Photobucket

After a long absence, I am back with more pictures to share of my Mom's house.

Going down the hall to the back staircase. The bathroom in the background was one that was used by the guests of their B&B. Did I mention that she ran a B&B? She did. :-P On top of her other creative talents, she could cook.

The little cupboard was made for my mom by my ex-husband one Christmas.

She loved copper. When I was a child, the copper tub was used for holding magazines. Now it holds a few stuffed toys for when children would come over.

The view of the top of the maid's staircase.

This room was originally the maid's room. They had it converted to their private bathroom. My mom bought the claw foot tub and matching sink and had them refinished. I think she stored them for 20 years before they were put to use here.

She refinished the floor, however, she used a water-based varnish which was not a good idea. The results are not ideal for a room that gets wet on a regular basis. She told me to not try this at home. That's my home make-over tip for the day. :o)

Come join MommySweetMom for Things In My House Thursday and share the things in your house!!

5 comments:

  1. Your mom's house could be a vacation destination for me; I could spend hours soaking in all the detail and charm.

    I am so glad you started taking us on these little tours for TIMHT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the B&B too! It's very Gene-Stratton-Porter-ish to me. I just love the details. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the country!!! Neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bathtub. It looks like the perfect place for a bubble bath to escape it all. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...