Happy Mail and Other Fun Stuff

January 19, 2015

Two of my Sew Sweet Bee house blocks arrived last week. This one is from Trish @ Notes of Sincerity.


This one is from Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest. Aren't they both darling!? 


I have also joined in on the Snapshots QAL hosted by Fatquarter Shop. I am using Bonnie and Camille fabric from my stash. Mostly Miss Kate and Scrumptious. The information on this quilt along can be found on Fatquarter Shop's blog


Last week, I made the decision to call my Farmer's Wife quilt done and put it all together. I really love how it turned out! Right now it measures at 67" x 67". My next decision is whether I want to try my hand at hand quilting to finish it up...



Have you started any quilt alongs or bock of the month quilts this year? If you are looking for a resource where you can find all the blog hops, quilt alongs, etc that are being held around the blogging world, there is a great site created  by Terri @ Childlike Fascination called QuiltAlong.Net. It's a fantastic web site!! Make sure you check it out. =) 

Have a happy Monday!! =)



13 comments:

  1. I love how your Farmer's wife quilt turned out! I need to mail your block, I'll try to get it in the mail today! I've downloaded the cake pattern but have not had time to make it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a talented quilter. Wish I lived next door, I'm be a good student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Farmer's Wife quilt. I'm loving your color choices and the borders are perfect! The cornerstones are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your houses are cute, the farmer's wife is fabulous (love the color choices) and so is the snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I do believe that's the brightest and cheeriest FWQ I've seen. I should pull mine too but I need to make some more blocks first :(
    Great house blocks too ... all making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! I really love those house blocks, but I've got a house obsession right now, which you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are beautiful. Beautiful blocks from beautiful people! I think I might do the QAL but I want some Pam kitty garden so I might have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most fun Farmer's Wife quilt I've seen. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep saying that one of these days I am going to do a house quilt....love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the plug Amy, I'm glad you think highly enough of my Quilt Along site to share it with your readers! :) Your farmer's wife is lovely. Your colors are so bright and fun and I love that red floral border.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute blocks you received! I'm debating on getting some Pam Kitty Garden fqs. I just love some of the prints in this line & I'm still kicking myself for missing out on one of her older lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one, too, Amy! I usually hand quilt my projects. (My mother insists that's the only true actual way to quilt.) I have rebelled occasionally and used my Viking Quilter. Here's something I've learned about hand quilting along the way. The smaller your blocks and pieces are the harder a quilt is to hand quilt. Your beautiful quilt looks like it has small blocks with mini pieces. The seam allowances behind all those pieces can make it difficult to quilt by hand. Your modern block quilt has large spaces where you'd only have two quilting fabric layers and batting to go through with your needle. It would be an easier hand quilt piece even though it's a bigger quilt. You probably knew all this already!! It's a beautiful quilt. I've admired the book with these block patterns several times.

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...