Fabric and Bling

January 30, 2015

Last Saturday, Russ and I took a day trip to the Ames area to check out some Harley shops we haven't been to before and to some quilt shops, of course. =)

Here is the store front for the Route 65 Harley store in Indianola, Iowa. Cool huh??


I confess, my favorite Harley items are the ones with the Willie G zombies. I think they are cute!! What can I say?? =D


A new to me quilt shop was in Ames called, Quilting Connection. I was so busy drooling over their fabric selection that I didn't take any pictures of the shop itself. It was one of the largest, if not the largest quilt shops I have ever been in! 

I walked out with some Moda Grunge yardage and Architextures text print. That one has been on my wish list for a long time. 



Have a happy weekend, everyone!!



8 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing some sightseeing. With the weather coming in this weekend it ruined my plans to go shopping. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great shop! Better than all the ones in Des Moines combined in my opinion. They actually carry pre-cuts and have a decent selection of solids. If I need fabric for a specific project I run up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabric selection! Grunge is one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes a sightseeing Trip perfect, i guess :-) visit shops concerning your hobby! yay :-)

    Did you see on my blog that we were in New York last december? Of course we made a trip to a Harley Shop (my hubby is a biker, too) and a Yarn Shop. In which i was in heaven :-))

    Hugs
    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun little trip. I purchased a bunch of moda grunge lately. I just love to use it as a blender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Harley's, but hurt my back badly on one....my fault entirely. Love your pretty new fabrics, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harleys and Fabric - what a fun day out! Great purchases, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear you had a great time. I love the outside of that Harley shop. Looks like the outside of an old theater.
    Hope you have an awesome day my friend.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful to all of you who take the time to leave a comment!
I will respond to your comment/questions in an email unless you have your email hidden. In that case, I will reply to your comment on my blog. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much spam was coming through.

Grace and peace to all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...